Saturday, June 14, 2008

Midge, it says here our east wing burned down last night!

I had noticed at our June concert that my tux coat was rather, um, 'snug' . I had been thinking 'man! I just bought this new coat a year or so ago...I must be bloating up like a dead cow by the side of the road!'

Then, this afternoon as I was digging waaaay back into the back of the closet to choose what to pack for the trip, I found my old tux coat...or at least I thought it was my old tux coat. Then, on a whim, I put it on - it fits great.

As near as we can figure, when we bought the new tux coat, I put it in the closet, took the old one to the cleaners, then hung that one up when it came back. Then when the next concert came, I wore the old tux coat, and the new one slipped further and further into the back of the closet.

I think only a musician can find himself ever saying 'I can't believe it, I've been wearing the old tux coat!'

1 comment:

James said...

That is hilarious...