Sunday, June 29, 2008

Culture, perspective & flexibility

I think what is most fascinating is the little unexpected differences that take you by surprise. Like how they cook their food. I really like my eggs done more, please. None of this runny stuff! And it appears that meat must be cooked to nearly charred bits. No rare or even medium for steaks! Not tragic,of course, just unexpected.
Flexibility is the order of the trip. We were supposed to sing at a maritime festival yesterday and were thoroughly rained out. I was both sad and happy. Sad not to get a chance to sing and happy not to have to try and sing in the open air and rain! The festival reminded me of a wee Rose Festival. Ships, food, demonstrations of local safety agencies and even the library had a tent. They have only been doing this for a few years. I am sure it will get even better.
Off to Dublin in the Republic of Ireland. Last country to explore. Erin go bragh! (Hope that's spelled right!)
Kristi

No comments: