Monday, June 23, 2008

Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle

We visited the Loch Ness Exhibition Centre in Drumnadrochit at 11am and then spent a couple of hours shopping and eating lunch in the village of Drumnadrochit. Then off we went to see the Urquhart Castle that sits on the banks of Loch Ness where, after a short film on the history of the castle, we toured (self-tour) the castle ruins. This also gave us a chance to scan the waters of Loch Ness in search of the beastie, Nessie! We have has beautiful weather today - blue skies and white clouds with the occasional sprinkle that seemed to disappear as quickly as it came.

3 comments:

James said...

This blog has pictures. Where are yours?

Okay so he posted his travel blog after he got back home. But still, your description could use a few visual cues... ;p

I guess you could cheat and use these Loch Ness photos. :D

Pete and Sue said...

James, thanks for the extra photos - we will need them. I accidentally deleted all of ours <(. I downloaded a recovery program and all it found was 238 JPEGs from the first 3 days of the trip! La vie.

James said...

Argh I hate it when that happens. Once I accidentally pressed format on my camera because I thought I was changing the "picture format" like from large JPEG to small JPEG. Doh!