Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Packing it in...

Packing is almost complete. I think the entire contents weigh about 14 pounds. My camera bag, on the other hand, weighs in at 16 pounds. I guess one can tell where my priorities lie.

I, too, struggle with taking time off from work. Not so much as I'm worried about indispensability, because face it, everyone is dispensable after a period of adjustment, but rather whether I'll be able to return to work with an appropriate level of enthusiasm and interest. Don't get me wrong - I like my job. It just takes me several weeks to process through the experiences of a trip like this.

Otherwise, I'm getting ready to activate my anti-jet-lag routine. Those of us that are not driven by routine have it pretty easy - I just make sure I'm REALLY tired when it's time to go to bed that first night and the battle is won! Here's to a wide awake and alert second day... !

No comments: