Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pictures of the Queen!

Like everyone else I'm getting ready for the trip. I bought new luggage a couple of weeks ago but today was my big day to run around. I bought more elastic for my music folder (too darn much music!). I bought another pair of black pants for our informal concerts -- God was looking out for me because I'd bought a pair at Costco a couple of weeks ago, and when I went back today I couldn't find ANY until at the last minute I found a pile of Dockers that had no price label over them at all (like they were left over) and right on top was the only pair of black ones, and in my size! Whew!

I also bought a current adapter and a charger for my iPod Shuffle. The charger claims to accept 110 or 240V and 50/60HZ, so I bought an adapter and not a converter. I guess I'll find out if the charger folks are lying or not! I also got another memory stick for my camera so I can trade them out.

I stopped at the bank and got 60 euros and 60 pounds. I'd forgotten how pretty European money is... a little too pretty. It tends to look like Monopoly money to me and it's a little too easy to forget it's not! The euros are not too good looking, but the English notes are. I've got pictures of the Queen! :-)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Just FYI, we used our iPods/chargers as well as our mac laptops there with just an adapter and not a converter and all was well. :-)

Gordon said...

Whew! Thanks Kate!