Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Let there be light!

I forgot to mention in my last post and I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this...

It's light till 10:30pm here, and gets light around 4am or so (guessing from when my blurry eyes look at the clock when awakened by the blinding light. I can't believe how lovely it is to have so much light, even if it is somewhat disorienting (It's only 5 or so, right? Oh, it's 9pm? Wow).

The thing I am enjoying most about this trip is discovering how many things feel normal to me since I've lived in Ireland before. Usually when you travel to a foreign country everything is new and exciting, which sometimes then gets old after a few days and turns into homesickness. For me it is nice to feel at home seeing a Tesco, buying Jaffa cakes, driving on the left, and having my bacon in the form of "rashers", or little slices of ham. It's good to be back, but just to visit... paying 30p to use the facilities is not something I miss!

Tomorrow is more Stirling and St. Andrews, which I sadly know nothing about and am looking forward to it. I suppose I will just put on my sleep mask to ensure I get a good 8hrs of sleep!

No comments: