Friday, June 13, 2008

The Joys of Packing

I remember back almost a year and a half ago now when Eliot and I moved to Ireland for a year, and I did all the packing for it. Four suitcases and two carry-on bags laid around me in a giant circle while I sorted through all our "must-haves" and "really-wants." I will never forget what it felt like to drag all 280lbs of our stuff all the way to Ireland and back... I remember it so well, in fact, that this time we are only taking one small suitcase between us!


(This is me, packing for our move to Ireland)

So now I am sitting in my circle again, trying to figure out how I will get 2 1/2 weeks worth of stuff into one backpack and half a suitcase. "Must-haves" are now things like prescription medication and my passport instead of Friends DVDs and my hairdryer. My how my perspective has changed on how to travel!

Now if only I didn't need all this darn music... :-)

2 comments:

Gordon said...

Hey, if you had it all memorized then you wouldn't need to bring it, now would you?

:-) :-)

Mark F said...

As long as you leave about 1/4 of that suitcase for MAPS.... The other 1/4 for the maps to be acquired whist travelling... Mark O'Flanneoghaire