Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Year-long Winter

Today Eliot and I were talking to a local here in Stirling and found that some years they have no summer at all... they call it the year-long winter. With temps at 9 degrees celsius and constant rain, I feel like I have been transported back in time to Ireland when I walked 4 miles in the rain to get my groceries. I've now resorted to wearing not one, not two, notw three, but FOUR layers to keep warm. In June! Oy.

Eliot and I are staying seperate from the group in a little B&B right under Stirling Castle. We can actually look up at the castle from our back porch, which is quite nice, and all the other windows have views of the highlands, which is fantastic. Our hostess is ridiculously nice, and we are having a great time.

We are looking forward to singing in the castle at 2 today, but even more so I am looking forward to going shopping for some sweaters... maybe some rainproof ones....

1 comment:

mejamieson said...

Bernie and Karen,

Karen - Hope your not too rainy and wet! Just wanted you to know we here at the county are watching your blog and enjoying it although the weather sounds dismal. I brought banana bread on Monday and now...I have to do again next week...your shoes are awfully hard to fill. Tomorrow its Ireland...aren't my blue eyes green? I wish I was there. I secured the Celtic Thunder tickets for us so that will just have to do. Mary